Eyrlie is a newly qualified Pilates teacher and has been teaching mat Pilates and P.H.I.T (pilates high-intensity training) in Mildura at 141 FITNESS since October 2017. She may seem tiny and quiet but she sure is a bag full of sweetness, knowledge, and kindness. Ready to shower you with positivity and encouragement to aim high for your goals.
1. WHATS YOUR STAR SIGN?
2. MORNING OR NIGHT OWL?
Morning, I have no choice haha
3. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE 141 FITNESS CLASS?
I would usually say legs but I’m loving upper at the moment! I love the feeling of getting stronger and seeing how it has been changing the shape of my body.
4. HOW MANY TIMES A WEEK DO YOU TRAIN?
Varies 3-6. I try to do my own Pilates practice, so that can mean I double up somedays.
5. FAVOURITE BODY PART TO TRAIN?
Core and shoulders at the moment. Next week it could be glutes, which it usually is.
6. ENDURANCE OR SPRINT WORK?
I work out slow, so probably endurance. I don’t really like to rush any movements, it’s all about control for me.
7. SWEET OR SAVOURY?
Both, usually mixed together.
8. WHAT’S YOUR ALL TIME FAVOURITE MEAL?
Pepperoni Pizza and any pasta dish, I couldn’t choose between them.
9. WHAT’S YOUR GUILTY PLEASURE?
It’s not really a guilty pleasure because life’s all about balance yeah? but I love to lay in the bath, drinking a glass of red, eating dark chocolate (half a block) or a donut(s) and watching a tv show on my laptop, reading or scrolling Instagram.
10. DESCRIBE YOURSELF IN 3 WORDS
Caring, Introvert, Overthinker
11. DESCRIBE YOUR TRAINING STYLE IN 3 WORDS
Controlled, Balanced, Supportive
12. IF YOU COULD ONLY DO 5 EXERCISES FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE, WHAT 5 WOULD THEY BE?
3. Roll ups
4. Butt Bridges
5. Oblique curls
13. HOW DID YOU GET INTO PILATES?
My mum, I used to go to classes with her before I had my girls and had the option of learning to instruct but really had no confidence in myself, so I didn’t take the opportunity. Fast forward a few years, learning about myself, gaining strength and confidence, doing Pilates workouts from Youtube and a lot of push from my amazing friend circle I decided to go for it.
14. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE PILATES STYLE TO TEACH?
I only teach mat Pilates at the moment but I have been playing around with Pilates-style exercises in the Hit 50 style format and I’m loving that.
15. WHO WOULD BE YOUR DREAM CLIENT
Someone that is looking to give their mind and body some love. They aren’t just in it for the external appearance (I know we all care about that but it shouldn’t be your number 1 reason for exercising) but for their health and wanting to really appreciate how their body works and enjoy the process of building strength and confidence in themselves. I love to celebrate the small achievements so they need to be ready for me to cheer them on when they can do something for an extra 10 seconds than last time.
16. WHAT IS ONE OF THE KINDEST THINGS YOUR CLIENTS HAVE SAID TO YOU THAT YOU’LL ALWAYS REMEMBER?
How that one hour they spend with me changes their day. They walk away feeling strong and happy for the rest of their day. It’s nice to know you can have that impact for someone.
17. TOP 5 SONGS ON YOUR WORKOUT PLAYLIST
My Pilates playlist tops at the moment are…
1. River – Bishop Briggs
2. No Diggity – Campsite Dream
3. High – Whethan & Dua Lipa
4. Do Re Mi – Blackbear
5. Hynm – Kesha
18. BREAKFAST? BRUNCH OR LUNCH?
19. SATURDAY NIGHT IN OR OUT?
Out for dinner, in for a movie.
20. FAVOURITE WAY TO SPEND A SUNDAY.
It varies on my mood if it’s a lazy or productive day but I like to go for a river walk, spend time outside in the sunshine and cooking whether that’s prepping for the week, baking with the girls or just cooking a nice dinner.
21. IF YOU WERE A FRUIT OR VEGETABLE, YOU WOULD BE A?
22. WHAT AISLE WOULD WE FIND YOU IN THE SUPERMARKET?
23. A PROUD MOMENT IN MY LIFE WAS?
Having my girls, I didn’t have natural births but I still am so proud of my body making two magical children and going through what I did to have them. Parents should be so proud of what they do on the daily also!
24. WHAT WAS THE BEST ADVICE YOU EVER RECEIVED?
To believe in myself and give myself some credit.
25. IF YOU COULD SIT AT A TABLE WITH 5 FAMOUS/WELL-KNOWN PEOPLE, WHO WOULD THEY BE?
1. Kate Hudson
2. Chrissy Teigan
3. Jenna Dewan Tatum
4. Bethany C Myers
5. Yara Shahidi
26. FAVOURITE QUOTE?
“Heres to strong women,
May we know them,
May we be them,
May we raise them.”
I actually think this a lot when thinking of my girls. It inspires me and makes me think about how I want to carry myself and what role model I want to be as I raise and support them in their lives.
Follow Eyrlie over here: